The Seattle Community Council of Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska is committed to supporting the higher education of enrolled members.
The number of scholarships and the amounts awarded vary each year. There is no fee for the
application process. The committee will consider financial need, academic record and
potential, community involvement, and motivation of each applicant.
(2x per year): July 15th and November 15TH
Applications must be postmarked by July 15th for fall term and November 15th for spring term.
- Be enrolled as a member of Tlingit & Haida and registered to the Seattle Community Council.
- Be a full-time student attending, or planning to attend, an accredited community college, university, or technical school.
- Submit a completed application, including financial need information.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Submit an essay. Please limit length to two pages.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/post-secondary schools attended.
- High school transcripts are acceptable if applying prior to any post-secondary education.